COLTS FOOTBALL

COLTS FOOTBALL

COLTS GM ON QB ANTHONY RICHARDSON: ‘WE’RE NOT TRADING HIM’

Indianapolis Colts general manager Chris Ballard made it clear Wednesday that he is not entertaining trade offers for quarterback Anthony Richardson.

The Colts announced last week that they are turning to free agent acquisition Daniel Jones over fellow former first-round pick Richardson as the team’s starting quarterback.

Many speculated that signals the end in Indianapolis for Richardson, who has struggled with injuries and accuracy since being selected by the Colts with the fourth overall pick of the 2023 NFL Draft.

“It’s easy to say he’s done and I don’t agree,” Ballard said Wednesday. “I do not agree with that. I think overcoming challenges or obstacles along the way are good for anybody. I’m proud of Anthony of where he’s at, how far he’s come. He’s come miles.”

When asked if any team has reached out to potentially trade for Richardson, Ballard was succinct.

“No, but we’re not trading him,” he said.

Ballard admitted that he has been in communication with Richardson’s representatives but stressed that the team is not done with him.

“Not a lot of talks with AR but have had a lot of talks with his agent,” Ballard said. “Coaching staff, they talk to Anthony a bunch. One thing that’s getting overshadowed a little bit is Daniel. Both of them competed. … And at the end of the day, Daniel won the job. Does that mean we are done with Anthony? No. But I don’t want to dismiss the run he’s had here.”

For his career, Richardson has completed just 50.6 percent of his passes for 2,391 yards and 11 touchdowns against 13 interceptions in 15 games. He has also rushed for 635 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Richardson, 23, has been limited to 15 starts over his first two NFL seasons due to a myriad of injuries, including to his shoulder, oblique, foot, back and finger, as well as a concussion.

The Colts open the season Sept. 7 at home against the Miami Dolphins.

COLTS CLAIM LB CHAD MUMA OFF WAIVERS FROM JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS, WAIVE DT TIM SMITH

Indianapolis – The Indianapolis Colts today claimed linebacker Chad Muma off waivers (from Jacksonville) and waived defensive tackle Tim Smith.

Muma, 6-3, 239 pounds, participated in the Jaguars’ 2025 offseason program and training camp. He played in 50 career games (seven starts) in three seasons (2022-24) with Jacksonville and compiled 80 tackles (39 solo), 3.0 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, three passes defensed and 14 special teams stops. Muma appeared in two postseason contests and registered three solo tackles. He was originally selected by the Jaguars in the third round (70th overall) of the 2022 NFL Draft out of Wyoming. His last name is pronounced MOO-ma.

Smith, 6-4, 306 pounds, was selected by Indianapolis in the sixth round (190th overall) of the 2025 NFL Draft. Collegiately, he appeared in 64 career games (32 starts) at Alabama (2020-24) and registered 124 tackles (49 solo), 14.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks, two passes defensed and one forced fumble.

COLTS SIGN 14 PLAYERS TO PRACTICE SQUAD

Indianapolis – The Indianapolis Colts today signed the following 14 players to the practice squad:

LB Austin Ajiake

RB Ulysses Bentley IV

RB Khalil Herbert

T Marcellus Johnson

WR Tyler Kahmann

CB Chris Lammons

TE Maximilian Mang

TE Sean McKeon

DE Durrell Nchami

WR Coleman Owen

G Josh Sills

DT Josh Tupou

C Mose Vavao

S Trey Washington

Comments

No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *